Commercial Manager (Syndication)
We are delighted to offer a great opportunity to join company that puts you in front of some of the best talent the Premier League has to offer. Our client is a fast growing content media business based in London, built as a content/commercial partnership with leading Premier League players.
This company currently consists of 20 dynamic staff members, including top executives all with senior national newspaper, sports management, marketing and commercial backgrounds. You will be in great company
Their output is a consistent stream of exclusive, authentic video content offering fans a unique insight into the lives of the Premier Leagues top players
As a company they enjoy unparalleled access to the players through long term relationships built on professionalism, trust and delivery.
Their content is created by their in-house production team, edited into short and long form videos tailored to the needs of their licensing partners.
The major commercial opportunity for this client is in the syndication of both short and long form video in key territories around the world, specifically to mobile network operators. A number of partnerships have been concluded, with extensive others under discussion.
This is a business development and management role, with the candidate tasked to head up day to day the management of their commercial syndication division. You will work closely with their Syndication Consultant (ex IMG) and will have a junior executive reporting into you. You will report directly into the CEO. The role is integral to the growth of the business and will gain broad exposure to all divisions of the business (Editorial, Production, Talent Liaison, Commercial).
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing relationships with existing content partners – mobile network operators, DCB service providers, aggregators and other digital media.
- Identifying, negotiating with and closing new mobile content partners
- Identifying and capitalizing on wider developments in the global marketplace for the monetization of their content, including with OTT channels
- Budget management
- Reporting / running weekly internal meeting
- A proven track record in business development
- Experience in dealing with the licensing of media content, specifically video
- Experience in, and a network of relationships in, the mobile sector is preferred but not essential
- A passion for football
- Experience working in a team with tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, drive and persistence combined with the discipline of reporting
- Experience in an early stage business is an advantage
This is an exciting position working at the heart of a truly unique, highly entrepreneurial media business.