Head of Sales, Digital Sponsorship and Advertising
We are excited about this one. We have been asked by one the most well respected global sports media organisations to help them find the best digitally candidates for their growing business unit, starting with the Head of Sales, Digital Sponsorship and Advertising opportunity.
If you see your self as a digital native, ambitious, entrepreneurial leader with great people skills and passion for sport and want to work with some of the most well known brand, rights holders and sponsors then please read on, as this could be your perfect role.
We are looking for a result driven individual. The Head of Digital Sponsorships and Ad Sales will lead the commercial efforts towards sponsors: crafting sponsorship and advertising packages to upsell existing marketing partners; or secure new contracts. Coordination with different internal and external stakeholders will be key as well.
The Head of Digital Sponsorships and Ad sales will manage a fast-paced digital sales team, with a focus on driving revenue with digital platforms including advertising and branded content. This role will develop sales revenue from new advertisers as well as maximize revenue from existing brand clients. Finding and developing new and non-traditional brand clients is expected.
- Prepare and present accurate and comprehensive sales pitches/presentations and establish close business relationships with all levels of clients. Understand customer needs, and develop solutions to those needs
- Selling of Digital, Branded Content and Social advertising: responsible for creating innovative sponsorship and advertising packages, develop accounts from existing linear business to digital, specifically branded content, business.
- Manage agency & client relationships through day-to-day contact. Own, manage and develop relationships with clients, agencies, and advertisers
- Close liaison with internal stakeholders, namely our marketing competence center, sponsorship sales
- Create awareness core sales and marketing team around digital opportunities
Experience and Competences
- At least 8 to 10 years of similar experience, ideally in an ad agency, media agency or with a major brand in a similar capacity
- Proven track record of selling to C-level
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and revenue goals
- Ability to work effectively with others in the entire sales organization
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to implement, sell and execute digital and multi-platform campaigns
- Keen understanding of branded content sales monetization, creative, and execution process
- Exceptional writing, communication, negotiation and presentation skills are a must-have
- Strong leadership and organizational skills; experience in people management desirable
- Detailed-oriented; trustworthy with confidential and sensitive information
- Competence to analyze numerical data
- Ability to understand brand and marketing objectives
- A passion for sports is a plus
- Bachelor and/or Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- Extensive knowledge of digital advertising sales processes
- Excellent interpersonal and client relation skills, strength in prospecting, generating proposals and closing the sale
- Self-motivated, driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong computer skills with experience in Internet and Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel
- German or English / Native speaker
- Any other European language is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com