Media Campaign Manager (Biddable Media)
An absolute pivotal role in at one of our fastest growing clients. Are you a biddable expert? Are you happy to roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty? Do you have experience in running paid social campaigns with a concentration on video? If you’ve answered yes to these, then please read on!
Our client are the world’s largest independent football media business, a distributed media network that reaches more than 80 million fans around the world. It is the definitive youth media brand for football.
They believe that football is the universal language. It defines the football agenda. It entertains, informs and celebrates football and its fans in ways they love and the places they live.
Our client is seeking a Media Campaign Manager to work in our Media Operations function, based in London.
The Media Operations department is responsible for delivering paid, owned & earned media campaigns on behalf of Clients (both external and internal). External clients include Brands, Agencies and Broadcaster/OTT partners. Internally, the department works closely with our Editorial and Creative functions and is a key partner for the Commercial function.
The Media Campaign Manager, reporting to the Head of Media Operations in London, will be responsible for liaising externally with clients, demonstrating their media capabilities, planning campaigns, building and scaling the team, developing best practice media strategy and delivering campaign management excellence. This is a unique opportunity to help establish a brand new, pivotal department with the most exciting media business in football.
Client – facing responsibility :
- Liaise externally with clients, demonstrating the Media Operations capability, communicating best practice and media strategy
- Act as a key partner of internal Sales and Creative teams, ensuring that best in class Media strategy is an integral part of our client projects
- Guide the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of media strategies to clients
- Attend and represent the team at external and internal client meetings where necessary.
Media platform relationship management:
- Develop and foster an effective working relationship for media operations with our partners at Google / YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and emerging social/content amplification platforms.
- Arrange and attend regular catch ups with our priority partners to ensure we continue to deliver the best in class campaigns and identify potential alpha / beta trials.
Team & Workload management:
- Be responsible for the hiring and development of members of your team, including the setting of personal objectives and performance reviews.
- Be responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of work within your team, ensuring ways of working are adopted by all members of the team.
Client profitability and finance:
- Be responsible for the delivery & profitability of media campaigns for clients
- Support the internal Sales team in pursuing all potential cross sell / up sell opportunities
- Be responsible for the timely and accurate billing and reconciliation of campaign spend / income by your team to ensure suppliers are paid on time, and clients are invoiced on time
- Campaign Quality Assurance – Ensure campaigns are delivered as planned with no overspends or errors in delivery.
Biddable Activation media campaign planning & creation
- Development of client media strategies to help define KPIs and strategy.
- Development of clear plans and presentations to clients, internal agency teams and client servicing department detailing how a client’s objectives are to be met through social channels.
- Creation of specific account elements within the campaign (toolkits, creative options, segmentation of the audience, ad copy, landing pages, and so on) to ensure this matches our clients best practice.
Product Development & New Business
- Keep abreast of developments in Social Media and the wider digital space
- Help create case studies and award entries based on campaign results as appropriate
- Contribute towards new business RFPs and pitches as required
- Provide input into new Media product development, working closely with commercial, creative and editorial internal teams
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Biddable Activation, social media planning or biddable media / PPC team
- Passionate about and engaged with the fast changing world of social media, online video, and digital marketing
- Good understanding of planning social campaigns across the various mechanisms, channels and buying models
- Practical expertise in planning and delivering campaigns on Adwords, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat (working knowledge of YouTube and Facebook organic environments an advantage)
- Strongly numerate and comfortable manipulating data sets
- Highly literate with a good understanding of how language is used to communicate to different audiences.
- Articulate presenter, with the ability to present to senior clients and internal agency teams, comfortable with showing what data means and how we can take action based upon it
- Commitment to deliver first class work every time, and never leave a quality issue unchecked
- Diligence and attention to detail in optimisation and reporting
- Highly commercial – selling value, negotiation, client relationship management skills, how to be a trusted business advisor
- Excellent planning, analytical and organisational skills alongside high attention to detail