2018 Sports Technology Start Up Awards Winners Announced
Today the Sports Technology Awards (STAs), in conjunction with presenting partner, Sportradar, revealed the winners of the inaugural 2018 STA Start Up Awards (StartUps). The line-up of victors featured new businesses representing all aspects of the sector.
The StartUps, which attracts entries from around the world, was judged by a panel of 23 industry-leaders including former NFL Kicker and Starters co-founder John Potter, MD for Microsoft Startups, Warwick Hill, and Sports Connect Africa CEO, Cynthia Mumbo.
The categories and winners are:
- Best Startup App Company – Find a Player
- Best in Coaching, Athlete Performance and Welfare – ATO-GEAR
- Best Equipment and Apparel – Morpher Flat-folding Helmet
- Best Web, Digital or Integrated Platform – ATO-GEAR
- Best Broadcast and Emerging Media – Metaliquid
- Best Fan Engagement – Spalk.TV
- Best Sport Commerce – SeatServe
- Best in eSports – Drone Racing League
- Best Participation – Kinetic Insight Ltd
- Best Wearable – REFSIX
- Best in Gaming and Betting – PROOF OF TOSS
- Best in Fantasy Sports – Sport Whispers
Rebecca Hopkins, CEO of the Awards said ‘We started this initiative because the Start Up category of the Sports Technology Awards was always very oversubscribed, suggesting that there was a clear opportunity to service this sector of the industry better. The system of judging we use has become recognized as an international mark of excellence within the industry so we hope that the companies who have been successful here today will go onto become major players within sports.’
Alex Inglot, Sportradar’s Commercial Director, added ‘Sportradar was delighted to have the opportunity to work with the STA StartUps as this enables us to deepen our link with innovative technology. Technology is at the heart of everything we do as a business so we wanted the chance to demonstrate this as well as showcase our ongoing support of young businesses and entrepreneurs.’
You might also like
Sportswear brands aren’t usually involved in live-streaming content – but could this be the start of brand engagement with the broadcasting side of things?
Borussia Dortmund launch new OTT platform with the help of Sportradar.