Digital Product Manager – Motorports
Digital Sport Recruitment is now working with an organisation at the forefront of Motor Racing where digital is at the heart of everything they do; from their official app and website to their ground-breaking digital and eSports initiatives.
As part of their growth, they are now looking to hire a Digital Product Manager, who will work to define best in class digital channel propositions, owning product requirements and driving strategic product decisions across all of their digital platforms; website, app and gaming.
Reporting into the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, the role will see the successful candidate develop effective working relationships with key agencies and internal teams, involving themselves in agile development sprints and scrum sessions and owning the day to day product roadmap to ensure the vision and Championship ambitions are reflected in all consumer-facing digital products.
Measurement and analysis will play a key role, with a strong focus on the strategic analysis of the ongoing product landscape; utilising digital best practices to anticipate, plan for and implement new product features in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will likely possess a high standard of proficiency in an appropriate analytics package.
The successful candidate should be a passionate digital native, experienced with developing engaging digital products and have a track record of delivering complex digital projects in a timely fashion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Senior Digital Marketing Manager and Marketing & Brand Director in the development, implementation and execution of the digital strategy
- Create and communicate a strategic roadmap for all digital products, ensuring that they meet fan expectations and continue to evolve in line with market changes and internal strategic developments
- Own, maintain and develop all digital product road maps, delivering regular status reports to the Digital Marketing Manager and escalating challenges as appropriate
- Coordination with key stakeholders (communications, web development and agency teams) to ensure day to day maintenance of all digital channels is conducted in an efficient and timely manner
- Manage the relationships with digital agencies; coordinating weekly status meetings and delivering monthly reports to senior management
- Work closely with external agency teams to test out new product concepts in an Agile manner
- Responsible for regular reporting on all digital channels, working in-hand with internal teams to make appropriate recommendations
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must have experience in cradle to grave product development and execution. Additionally, candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- A recognised Project Management qualification (Prince 2, PMI)
- Experience of managing multiple projects from strategic conception to execution and analysis
- Experience of delivering projects using an agile methodology; comfortable working with agencies on product scrums to prioritise features and map projects out
- The ability to work collaborate effectively across business functions to understand and prioritise varying product requirements
- Knowledge and a passion for video games and eSports would be beneficial
- A relatable degree